By Sarita Rajiv
The school winter break in Denmark is coming up soon. For those without any travel plans, a week with kids at home full-time means some fun crafting ideas are in order. And since the break coincides with Valentine's Day, here are some cool, but easy, Valentine's Day crafts to try with your kids.
1. Heart balloon card: This heart balloon card by The Adoration shop on Etsy is my favourite right now. Loving the three dimensional effect that the clouds and balloons bring in. I can just imagine kiddie versions of the balloon basket.
2. Falling hearts Valentine's Day card: It's raining love. There's something about falling hearts that's lovely, isn't it? The raining love card by Heather of Downstairs Designs is so clever. Easy to make if you've got heart stamps. Use different shades of pink or red to create a cascade of love.
3. Hand stitched felt envelopes: One of my favourite blogs for DIY ideas is Lia Griffith. The lady always comes up with super cool ideas. Right now I'm loving these hand-stitched felt envelopes and cards. Adorable! The sewing part is simple enough for older kids to do. My 6-year old does a bit of stitching with felt at her craft workshop in school. And I think she would totally enjoy this.
4. Paper airplane garlands: Here's another cool DIY Valentine's Day kids craft from Lia Griffith. These heart airplanes coming with a free downloadable in 3 patterns - mini love hearts, a grid pattern and happy mail. Happy flying!
5. Valentine fortune tellers: This Valentine fortune teller via Design Mom is super simple. Print, fold, play. You can create your own version with whatever fortune you'd like to include.
If you liked these fun Valentine's Day crafts ideas, you might like these itty-bitty love notes and envelopes I made last year. And if you live in Denmark, you might want to check these 5 fun things to do on Valentine's Day.
What’s the best way to get all these thoughtful and unique gift ideas? Sign up for our mails; enter your email id below:
Share your thoughts. I love feedback!